Essential oils are plant medicine
Surrounding ourselves with these powerful, concentrated substances enhance our moods, immune systems and overall sense of wellbeing. As biological beings sharing DNA with plants, we respond to the chemistry of essential oils positively, just as they do. Essential oils exist in the plant for protection and immunity, which we can always use as well. Make it easy to receive a steady stream of their healthful benefits by integrating them into your daily life – here are a just a few ways. Let us know your favorite ways here!
21 Ways to Add Essential Oils to Daily Life
- Carry a rollerball blend in your purse to refresh and restore your mood and energy any time you need it.
- Carry a small oil in your yoga or gym bag and dab on your palms, rub together and inhale deeply before beginning your workout.
- When traveling, have a floral water face mist ready to wake up tired skin and energy.
- Massage your hands, ears and feet each morning with massage oils or essential oil creams to stimulate the lymphatic system and internal organs.
- At bedtime, dab Slumber aromatherapy blend (roller ball) under your eyes and nose, and massage into the backs of your hands, to help lull you into sleep peacefully.
- Enhance cuddle time with your canine or feline friend by rubbing 2 drops of a floral or citrus oil between your palms and then pet him/her for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy lowered blood pressure and a tremendous sense of wellbeing from this bonding time.
- Shake some dry shampoo into your dog brush and slowly brush her coat until distributed. My dog loves this ritual, and I adore the fragrant geranium rose both during and after each session.
- Before sitting for meditation, dab a drop under your nose to inhale during meditation. Peace, Serenity, or any wood oil are great for this.
- Add a few drops to a diffuser and place in bathrooms, bedrooms, and entranceways. Try lemon myrtle for a light, uplifting scent or black spruce for a grounding, peaceful ambiance.
- Do yoga near a diffuser, breathing deeply. Chakra blends are a beautiful way to focus on a chakra energy center at the same time.
- Hang a car diffuser clip in your car to distribute essential oils while on the go.
- Drop 5-6 drops into salt or a carrier oil and add to the bath.
- Mist your pillow before napping or sleeping.
- Before stepping into your shower, drop several drops of a blend into to the water. Breathe in deeply to inhale the healing benefits – Immunity, Fortify and Headache Remedy are some of my favorites for this.
- On a cold day, add several drops of oil to a log before lighting the fire.
- When congested, add 2 drops of eucalyptus or rosemary oil to steaming water. Cover your head with a towel and breathe in the steam for 2-3 minutes.
- Drop a couple drops into candles before lighting.
- Add a drop or two to Neti pot salts, shake allow to sit overnight and infuse. Use salts as normal. I particularly like sweet marjoram and rosemary to keep my sinuses clean and clear.
- Wear an essential oil diffuser necklace or bracelet for instant access to aromatherapy anytime.
- Drop your favorite oil(s) into an inhaler and carry in your purse.
- After doing dishes, drop many drops of a citrus oil (sweet orange is divine!) into the sink to leave the entire kitchen (and your mood!) bright and fresh.