What Is a Private Label Essential Oil Program?
Private Label (aka White Label) essential oils are aromatherapy products that are manufactured by one company yet packaged and labeled with your own company branding on the final product for sale directly to your customer. Essentially, in this case, the Private Label manufacturer serves as the supplier of your essential oils which can range from being identical to the manufacturer’s offering or custom essential oil blends that you create for your own company using the manufacturer’s essential oils in your unique formula.
Who Are Private Label Programs For?
Are you interested in essential oils and aromatherapy? Have you dabbled in creating your own essential oil blends and bath products or are you the owner of a brick & mortar or e-commerce business? A Private Label program through Artisan Aromatics may be the next step to take your passion for aromatherapy to the next level. Here are just some of the businesses (but not limited to) that are a great fit for a Private Label Essential Oils program through Artisan Aromatics:
- Etsy Site Owners
- Small Business E-Commerce Owners
- Salt Cave/Halotherapy Owners
- Massage Therapists
- Yoga Instructors
- Pilates Instructors
- Small Lifestyle Boutique Owners
- Natural Food & Product Co-Ops
What Are the Benefits of a Private Label Essential Oil Program?
- Attractive Profit Margins: Private Label products tend to have a higher profit margin than resale products because you can choose your own retail pricing. Your final pricing should factor in your COG’s (Cost of Goods), Labor, Shipping from Manufacturer as well as what you believe your customer demographic would be willing to pay for each item. For example, if you are marketing to a high-end wellness client, a higher markup would make sense whereas, if you are an Esty site whose average price-point is $15, then your pricing should be established accordingly.
- Exclusive Products: With essential oils, there is enormous potential to formulate your own proprietary blends. This exclusivity is an effective selling point as you are essentially creating products that your customers can only purchase from you. It becomes a supply and demand situation and that is also great for profitable pricing and customer loyalty.
Types of Essential Oil Private Label Products
- Essential Oils
- Essential Oil Blends
- Aromatherapy Inhalers
- Aromatherapy Roll-ons
- Body Oils
- Carrier Oils
- Hydrosols (Flower Waters)
- Other Natural Products
How to Prepare Your Essential Oil Products for Sale?
Upon determining which specific essential oils, aromatherapy blends and bath products you wish to offer your customers, it’s time to think about packaging and labels. This can be time-consuming for some yet an exciting and creative process particularly designing your own company logo and choosing the components (aka bottles & jars) for your retail products. Here are some things to keep in mind as part of this process:
- Bottling: We recommend bottling your essential oils in glass containers. However, room and body sprays that have been pre-diluted can be packaged in PET plastic bottles. It is important to package your products in dark-colored containers so that sunlight cannot damage the integrity of the oils that may be susceptible to heat and direct light (for instance on a shelf in a brick-and-mortar store). For the longest shelf-life, it’s best to avoid clear containers. Here at Artisan Aromatics, we offer amber colored essential oil bottles, jars and spray bottles for this reason.
- Storing: This is pretty straight-forward…store all of your aromatherapy products in a cool, dry place (with the exception of some hydrosols that may be refrigerated).
- Labeling: There is a standard criteria for essential oil labels – they should include the following:
- Botanical Name (i.e. Lavandula angustifolia) Please note: Botanical names are usually italicized with the first word being capitalized and the second not)
- Common Name (i.e. Spike Lavender) Please note: Common Names are not italicized)
- 100% Pure (as all of Artisan Aromatics’ Oils are)
- Origin (aka France, USA, etc.)
- Weight of Product (i.e. 10ml or 4oz) Please note: This does not include the weight of the bottle, just the oil, lotion, etc. inside the component.
Why Choose Artisan Aromatics as Your Private Label Essential Oil Supplier?
Quality: We have been in business since 1993, sourcing essential oils from all around the world. We do not skimp on quality and only offer 100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils.
- Extensive Product Line: We have over 150+ essential oils, aromatherapy blends, lotions and hydrosols available for purchase through our Private Label program.
- Customer Service: We are here to please. We love sharing our knowledge and experience with our customers who are just starting out as well as seasoned practitioners and business owners. We are big believers in sharing best practices to help our community continue to grow and thrive.
- Bottling & Labeling: We hand-bottle all our products in our North Carolina, USA location. You can choose to facilitate your own packaging or we’re happy to do it all turn-key for you. For more info on customized packaging options, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Domestic & International: We ship all over the world and have loyal customers from far flung places including Japan and Australia. Please note: We don’t offer drop-shipping but recommend ShipBob.com for this purpose, if needed
- We Handle Orders of All Sizes: Our orders range small orders (250+ bottles) as well as large orders (10,000+) and everything in between.
- Safety: We are known as leaders of essential oil safety in the business. We are steadfast in our commitment to sharing essential oil safety tips in detail on each of our product pages as each essential oil has varying constitutions and molecular structure. We do not bottle any essential oils intended for internal or oral use. As you’ll see throughout our site, we preach that all essential oils should be diluted for topical use. For more info on proper dilution practices, please visit this Dilution Guide developed by our Clinical Aromatherapy Consultant.
What are the Steps to Becoming an Artisan Aromatics Private Label Customer?
- Click HERE to complete the Artisan Aromatics Private Label Customer Application
- Create an order list for your initial order which is $2,500 in any combination with a requirement of a quantity of 15 each (or more) of each product that you have selected
- Determine your packaging. Will you be needing us to bottle, cap, and label your order or do you wish to facilitate all packaging from your own location?
- Upon receipt of your Private Label Customer Application (as noted in step 1), we will respond to you ASAP to begin your enrollment into our exclusive program. Please note: If you are a healing arts/wellness practitioner (i.e. Massage Therapist, Yoga Instructor, etc.) and do not plan to sell your essential oil products to your customers, students and clients, but rather use them in your practice, then our Practitioner Program would be best suited for you.
- Alternatively, Artisan Aromatics also offers Wholesale & Bulk programs.
Aren’t you anxious to get started!
1 thought on “Get Started with Private Label Essential Oils”
Custom packaging is distinct from regular packaging in that it conveys the owner’s concept.