The term “therapeutic quality” simply means that the oils are of the very best quality and are completely natural with no components added or removed. Some companies use the term “Therapeutic Grade” but we prefer and use the term “Therapeutic Quality” instead of Therapeutic Grade. We feel it is a better descriptor since there is actually no official grading body.
There are really just two “grades” of essential oils:
- Food Grade Essential Oils / Industrial Grade Grade Essential Oils – from plants grown for specific purposes like taste or aroma. Generally considered to be low grade oils.
- Therapeutic Grade / Therapeutic Quality Essential Oils – from plants grown or chosen specifically for their therapeutic properties and preferred by aromatherapists and considered to be the highest grade oils.
Essential Oil Terms All Mean the Same:
- Pure Essential Oils
- Pure Oils
- Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils
- Therapeutic Quality Essential Oils
- Professional Grade Essential Oils
- Aromatherapy Grade Essential Oils